Civilbuild Work Health and Safety Policy
Civilbuild is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all personnel involved in our operations. We require the same level of commitment from our employees, subcontractors, suppliers and visitors.
Civilbuild aim to reduce the incidence and severity of accidents, injuries and workplace illness and severity of activities, and to improve the health and well-being of people working for or on behalf of our company.
Civilbuild will endeavour to achieve this by:
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work related injury and illness.
- Proper planning and commitment of resources
- Committing to comply with relevant WHS acts & regulations and other requirement placed upon Civilbuild.
- Implementing safe work practise.
- Consultation with all workers on all WHS procedures
- Safe operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment
- Promotion of safety through positive action of all workers to ensure the welfare of others.
- Ensure all workers are competent and suitably trained to perform the duties for which they are employed.
- Providing an effective system of hazard identification, injury prevention and incident reporting.
- Investigate all incidents as appropriate.
- Continuous review of safety performance and auditing of WHS Management system.
- Ensure all workers are aware of their WHS responsibilities and are willing to comply with all safety rules.
- Implementing a Work Health and Safety System compliant with AZ/NZS 4801/2001.
Civilbuild is committed to planning, executing and monitoring its operations in order to:
- Comply with all legal requirements, including any local council development application consent conditions and any additional customer requirements relating to the environment.
- Set and review environmental objectives and targets for each project site in an environmental management plan.
- Prevent pollution and Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of environmental incidences and pollution to the environment. Are supposed to have a dot point preceding them.
- Minimise waste through efficient material and plant utilisation, plus re-use or recycling of materials where appropriate.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of environmental incidences and pollution to the environment.
- Respond promptly to any emergency that may cause adverse environmental impacts.
- Support the principles of ecologically sustainable development.
- Establishing and maintaining an Environmental Management System compliant with AS/NZS 14001:2004
Appropriate training and instruction shall be provided to all personnel to ensure that each project team understands how to implement the Civilbuild’s Environmental management system as well as the site specific Environmental Management Plan.
Civilbuild is involved in a wide range of construction activities including bridge design and construction, piling, civil & mining infrastructure, warf construction, major concrete building works and precast manufacturing.
The management of Civilbuild has adopted the policy of providing only materials and associated services which have the requisite quality to merit customer satisfaction throughout the effective life of the structure.
Civilbuild is committed to the following quality objectives:
- To advise customers and employees of the emphasis Civilbuild places on achieving quality.
- To assure customers that Civilbuild’s services are carried out in a manner that demonstrates integrity, competence and reliability.
- To regularly review Civilbuild’s expertise and range of work and ensure that personnel are suitably skilled.
- To complying with the requirements placed upon our services regulating quality.
- Establishing and reviewing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement of our quality management system.
- To systematically eliminate potential quality deficiencies.
- Establishing and maintaining a Quality Management System compliant with ISO 9001:2008
Civilbuild will ensure that this policy is understood and maintained at all levels of the organisation and displayed prominently to all workers.